Sunday, July 27, 2008

10k Boo-ya!

Yeah!!!! I finanlly ran my 10k! This last saturday was our stake pioneer day and my sister-in-law and I trained all last week for the 5k, but I kept feeling like I could take on the 10k, even though it was hot. Well I am so glad that I did! Because my sister in law Mandi totally did the 10k with me too. We had so much fun. She was worried that she was going to have to walk it at some point but she never did! I am so proud of her, because for reals.. I have been training for a 10k for the past few months, she hasn't. The most she was running was 3 miles, so for me I was pretty much ready for it, but for her she was pushin it, yet she rocked it! That girl has got heart! Yet another reason I am so blessed to have such wonderful in-laws. Mandi is such a beautiful, sweet, hard working, no-quitter, big hearted girlie girl. I am so dang proud of you Mandi and I hope you are proud of yourself. Let's run that 10k every year! (I should have taken pictures, hopefully someone did so I can post em!)

6 comments:

Burke family said...

Yeah, I was so excited to finally see some updates! Looks like you've been busy having tons of fun, as always! And yeah for you on the race! I still haven't really started working out faithfully again since having Jordan and he's going on 18 months. That's not much of an excuse anymore huh?! Oh well, we do our best, right?

Chris & Jessi said...

Congrats on your run. Thats awesome! Im good for about 3 miles and I'm done :) Life is good right now, just waiting for stuff to come through for Chris, still trying to catch his little niche in life. You guys look great.

Dawn Sims said...

I'm so proud of you! Yea. You did it!! I'm sure you were so excited. I can't wait to see you and Addi in less than TWO months!!

Unknown said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!

melissa said...

I envy you.... congrats

Tiffany said...

Hi Jenn it's Tiffany(Zimmerman) Parrish! Your little girl is so cute! I am so happy youre doing well!