Monday, April 7, 2008

General Conference April 2008

General Conference was sooooooo great this year, like always though. I really liked the 3rd to last talk on the Sunday afternoon session. He talked about enjoying each moment with your children because if we are lucky they only live with us for a min. of 18 years of their life, and before we know it they will have moved out and away. This brought tears to my eyes, when I realized how soon that day would come, and how hard it will be to let my baby girl go. I love her so much, and there are days where I just lay down with her on a blanket on the floor and just watch her play and explore a world that is so old to me but brand new to her. I sometimes spy on her from the kitchen peeking over the counter to see what she is doing when she thinks I am not around. I have acheived the "silent laugh" as I giggle at her young sillyness. Being a mom is the greatest blessing, and no matter how busy life is we should heed the leaders council, and enjoy every precious moment with our children, like it is our only one. General Conference always helps me become better, I look foward to it every time.